DATA RECOVERY FROM HARD DRIVE
You accidentally delete important data on your computer by mistake and don’t know how to get it back. Don’t worry, the following article will give ways of data recovery from hard drive.
Summary of some effective ways to recover deleted hard drive data
1. Check the recycle bin on your computer
If you accidentally delete data from the hard drive on your computer or laptop, the Windows operating system will put them in the [Recycle Bin] – Recycle Bin. This is a default setting of the operating system, so the Recycle Bin is where Windows uses to store files that users have deleted.
Deleted data will stay in the Recycle Bin until you manually delete them or perform a cleanup in the Recycle Bin. In addition, the time it takes to store deleted data will depend on the amount of hard drive used for the Recycle Bin.
If the number of deleted files exceeds the Recycle Bin’s capacity limit, the files deleted longer will be deleted and replaced with newer files. This rule applies to all versions of Windows operating systems such as 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP.
To recover data deleted from Recycle Bin, you need to do the following steps:
- Step 1: Double-click the trash can icon or right-click this icon and select Open to open the trash can.
- Step 2: Here, you search for the data you want to recover. To facilitate searching and selecting the files you need, you can arrange them in different arrangements with customizations such as Name, Date Deleted, Size, Item Type…
- Step 3: Right-click on the selected file and click Restore, or click Restore the selected items located above in the tools tab of the recycle bin. Now all the selected data will be restored and placed in the original location and folder.
- Step 4: Now check and see if the deleted files are restored and the information of these files is displayed correctly.
In addition to the above, the method of using deleted file recovery software is probably what everyone should do to have a higher success rate of data recovery. These software will help you recover deleted hard drive data on your computer as well as USB, memory cards after being deleted to the trash or permanently deleted data.
2. Instructions to recover deleted data with MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free
MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition is one of the best deleted data recovery software available today. This software is capable of recovering data from hard drive, CD/DVD, memory card, .. in many different cases such as: Deleted (erroneously deleted), RAW partition, virus attack, hard drive failure , wrong format, partition error, sudden power failure, etc.
Here are detailed instructions on how to recover deleted data on USB via a computer running HDH Windows 10. You do the same for other devices on Windows 7, 8
- Stage 1: Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition.
- Step 2: At the MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition interface, select the location where the deleted data needs to be recovered (drive, folder, recycle bin, …) and click Scan to start.
- Step 3: File scanning is in progress, the time depends on the size, number of files and drives to be recovered.
- Stage 4: After the process is complete, select the files to recover and select Save.
3. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Deleted Data Recovery Software
- Stage 1: Download and install EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard software
- Step 2: Select the partition or drive to recover data, such as Desktop, Windows Libraries, hard drive, USB … then click Scan to start the software check.
- Step 3: By default, the software will check the partition with 2 modes Quick Scan (fast scan) and Deep Scan (deep scan). Deep Scan mode is used when you do not find the file you need from the first scan or cannot open the file to be recovered, of course the scan time will be longer than Quick Scan.
- Step 4: When finished, the results are given 2 corresponding items including Quick Scan result and Deep Scan result. To make it faster, you can sort files by format, such as Graphics (images), Audio (audio), Document (documents), Video, Email and Other (other files) through the function button corresponding.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard will allow you to preview files before recovery, in addition, you can change the display mode through the small buttons in the lower right corner.
- Step 5: To recover important data, you need to tick and click Recover, then choose where to store. Note, do not save the file to the drive where you lost the data